Sunday, October 24, 2010

Kitchen Toys

Here are my recent acquirements for the kitchen.

A couple of weeks ago, S and I were on one of our usual visits at Total Food Equipment when I spotted the cutest set of measuring spoons. Usually, we exercise some self-restraint and simply walk around and lust over the shiny, pretty gadgets, and then leave empty handed. This wasn't one of those times. I'd been looking around for a nice set of measuring spoons, but couldn't find any that I was partial to, until then. These spoons are made of thick, good quality plastic and have a nice weight to them that make them feel like they're made of metal. Each spoon has a ring at the base so that it will stay upright on a flat surface, like a bowl, and a little spout, making them look like the cute little offspring of a mixing bowl and a measuring jug (except for the handle bit). Of course, I couldn't resist. 


I also gave in and purchased this pretty, square, sturdy, self-standing Joseph Joseph colander which I had been eyeing for months. This is my first Joseph Joseph acquisition, but their products have always caught my eye and I love most of their designs.


Then, several days later, S surprised me with an early Christmas present! A box set with a Microplane box grater and a zester/grater. I've only used the zester/grater so far and it grates beautifully. Not only are you less likely to grate your fingers because it is well designed and sharp, it also reliably produces gratings that are fine and consistent in size. I can't wait to try all the different panels on the box grater!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails