Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Prawn Mee Lunch


A colleague made prawn mee last night and brought in a lunch box for me today! I am happy to report that I am typing this with a belly-full of yummy prawn mee.

Interestingly, the broth had the thickness of an asam laksa broth but the bold, robust flavour of good prawn mee. I had to stop myself from drinking all the broth. I don't know how he made it but as far as I can tell, aside from the broth (which is the most important thing), there were chicken pieces, prawns, fish balls, surimi (crabstick), taugeh (mung beans), onions and noodles (of course) - the prawn mee stall that I frequent back home serves their prawn mee with tender pork ribs, big prawns and I think even a hardboiled egg. This is as good as it gets in New Zealand I think. Two thumbs up.

Now, I wonder what else this colleague makes? :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails