I was introduced to this recipe by a friend who got it off some guy who got it off the back of pasta packet. I have since modified it to my liking. It’s easy and it tastes pretty damn good. In fact, in my opinion, it’s as good as, if not better than, the ‘Penne Al Nono’ at Etrusco. It also keeps well so feel free to cook up a big ol’ pot and have it for lunch for 4 days in a row.
Pasta in Rosso Sauce
1 can tomato puree (400g)
1 bag pasta of your preference (250g)
1 chopped onion
Thickened cream (300g)
Salt & Pepper & Olive Oil
Italian mixed herbs
1. Boil pasta in some salt and a little olive oil.
2. Fry bacon till browned then remove from pan.
3. Fry onions in a little olive oil till fragrant then add tomato puree.
4. Add chopped parsley and Italian herbs to your preference then let sauce simmer for a few minutes. Check on your pasta. Make sure it isn’t overcooked.
5. Add browned bacon to the pan and simmer for a few more minutes.
6. Add thickened cream, mix well, then add pasta, mix well and serve.